More Cor-Tuf UHPC Uses
Cor-Tuf UHPC is an ideal replacement for standard concrete in just about any and all applications. UHPC is particularly beneficial in the following applications of traditional concrete:
- Precast pouring of larger and longer structural elements
- Injection or extrusion techniques (molding)
- Pre and post-tensioning components
- Precast beams
- Cast-in-place joints between precast beams
- Precast deck panels
- Cast-in-place joints and stud pockets of precast deck panels
- Link slabs between adjacent spans
- Precast parapets and side barriers
- Precast inlets for stormwater management
- Tilt-up construction
- Reinforcing Modular Homes
Some of the more innovative ways this new concrete technique is being applied include:
- Construction of thinner sections for complex structural forms
Pier Jacketing- if your next bridge retrofit project includes pier jacketing, our Cor-Tuf solution combines both performance and economy in the same package. When used as a cover around an existing pier or column Cor-Tuf strengthens and protects the structure from a variety of environmental factors.
Potential elimination of primary and /or secondary reinforcement
- Off-site manufacturing
- Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) – UHPC is ideal for the durable field-cast connections required in ABC.
- Retrofit and modification projects – Cor-Tuf UHPC’s adhesive quality makes it ideal for repair and retrofitting of many structures, such as parking garage decks, bridge decks, spalled structural members, and building columns and walls.
- Architectural design – UHPC allows for the precise replication of architectural details. It can be casted or molded to match any desired appearance, including masonry, wood siding, board & batted, and textured concrete. Period-specific designs and demands for surface texture, color, and shape are now possible.
- Structures exposed to harsh elements – Structures such as pier foundations and bridges built over water that have foundations repeatedly exposed to salt water and moisture are ideal candidates for Cor-Tuf UHPC, given its moisture and chemical resistance and imperviousness to freeze and thaw cycles.