Cor-Tuf UHPC Uses
Parks and Recreation – Restrooms, Shelters, Concessions, Dugouts, Ticket Booths, Security Shacks, Press Boxes, Field Houses, Locker/Shower Rooms, Offices, Visitor Centers, Animal Housing, Pool Facilities, Pump Houses, Electrical-Mechanical, Hazmat, Storage, Workshops, Maintenance Buildings.
Schools – Classrooms, Restrooms, Dugouts, Press Boxes, Concessions, Field Houses, Locker/Shower Rooms, Ticket Booths, Security Shacks, Offices, Maintenance Buildings, Electrical-Mechanical, HazMat, Workshops, Pump Houses, Shelters, Storage.
Water and Waste – Pump House/Station, Lift Station, Well House, Meter Pit, Water Treatment, Headworks, Belt Filter Press, Blowers, Solids Processing, Boiler Building, Generator Building, HazMat Containment, Methanol Building, Hypochlorite Building, Chlorine Building, Odor Control Building, Operations and Control Buildings, Offices, Restrooms, Laboratories, Maintenance Buildings, Equipment Shelters.
Utilities – Power Plants, Sub-Stations, Battery & Generator Buildings, Municipal Infrastructure, Solar & Wind Generation Buildings, Telecommunications Buildings, Laboratories, Process Analytical Shelters, Sensor Stations, Workshops, Equipment Shelters, Offices, Storage, Restrooms, Garage Enclosures.
Energy – Sub-Stations, Control Buildings, Oil and Gas: Field & Refinery Buildings, Process Analytical Shelter, SCADA Building, Sensor Stations, Gas Regulator, Laboratories, Solar & Wind Generation Buildings, Battery & Generator Buildings, Equipment Shelters, Offices, Workshops, Storage, Restrooms, HazMat Containment.
Communications – Data Centers, Communications Equipment Housing, Telecom Shelters, Fiber Optic Regeneration, Cable Equipment Storage, Radio and TV Tower Buildings, Cell Tower Buildings, Remote Mountaintop Installations, Generator Buildings.
Transportation – Bridges, Tunnels, Equipment Shelters, Security Stations, Toll Booths, Communications Buildings, Control Buildings, Offices, Workshops, Electro-Mechanical, Battery & Generator Buildings, HazMat, Storage, Restrooms.
Military – Communications Buildings, Ammunition Storage, Guard Houses, Security Stations, Training Facilities, Classrooms, Shooting Range, Observation Towers, Data Centers, High-Security Storage, HazMat Storage, Electro- Mechanical, Garage & Maintenance Buildings, Operational HQ, Offices, Warehouses, Parks and Rec, Restrooms
Secured Installations – High-Security Storage, Data Centers, HazMat Storage, Ammunition Storage, High-Valued Equipment Shelters, Control Buildings, Generator Buildings, Communications Buildings, Security Stations, Airports & Train Stations, Remote AT M Structures, Laboratories, Storm Shelters, Flood Resistant Applications, Shooting Ranges, Observation Towers, Offices, Maintenance Buildings, Workshops.
Other UHPC Uses
- Precast pouring of larger and longer structural elements
- Injection or extrusion techniques (molding)
- Pre and post-tensioning components
- SIP Pannels
- Precast beams
- Cast-in-place joints between precast beams
- Precast deck panels
- Cast-in-place joints and stud pockets of precast deck panels
- Link slabs between adjacent spans
- Precast parapets and side barriers
- Precast inlets for stormwater management
- Tilt-up construction
- Reinforced Modular Homes
Some of the more innovative ways to use this new concrete include:
- Construction of thinner sections for complex structural forms
Pier Jacketing- if your next bridge retrofit project includes pier jacketing, our Cor-Tuf solution combines both performance and economy in the same package. When used as a cover around an existing pier or column Cor-Tuf strengthens and protects the structure from a variety of environmental factors.
Potential elimination of primary and /or secondary reinforcement
- Off-site manufacturing
- Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) – UHPC is ideal for the durable field-cast connections required in ABC.
- Retrofit and modification projects – Cor-Tuf UHPC’s adhesive quality makes it ideal for repair and retrofitting of many structures, such as parking garage decks, bridge decks, spalled structural members, and building columns and walls.
- Architectural design – UHPC allows for the precise replication of architectural details. It can be casted or molded to match any desired appearance, including masonry, wood siding, board & batted, and textured concrete. Period-specific designs and demands for surface texture, color, and shape are now possible.
- Structures exposed to harsh elements – Structures such as pier foundations and bridges built over water that have foundations repeatedly exposed to salt water and moisture are ideal candidates for Cor-Tuf UHPC, given its moisture and chemical resistance and imperviousness to freeze and thaw cycles.